In my class visits, I share a chapter from one of my books, and engage students in the joy of creating. I share how my background as a musician, artist, designer and illustrator all comes together.
- Live reading
- Talk about my books’ connection to Japanese culture.
- Listen to a chapter from the accompanying audiobook (hear samples)
- My audiobooks are not just a reading. They include a soundtrack, sound effects and multiple voice actors to create an immersive, imaginative experience.
- Engage students in drawing and talk about the iterative process of both writing and illustration.
- Have all students fold an origami elephant (Zōsan is based on a Japanese folk song).
- Hold a raffle to give away a book to one student, and everyone gets a bookmark & sticker
- Cost: $150 for 1 hour presentation
Audience: Y5 – 5th grade.